John J. (Jay) Jameson III
President and Founder
• Results-oriented sales executive; effective operating independently, advancing transactions and influencing culturally diverse and affluent networks including international executives, government officials, and property investors.
• Successfully marketed and sold 150 luxury, Hilton Head Island condominiums in 14 months.
• Successfully escalated residential sales prices by 12%/yr and decreased portfolio wide insurance premiums by 45% over 16 months.
• Directed acquisitions, full-cycle development, & marketing for commercial real estate projects with total market capitalization exceeding $100M.
Founder/Managing Partner 05/2012-present
Halo Capital Group, Atlanta, GA
Direct invests private seed equity in dynamic, high-growth start-ups.
• Founder & Managing Partner for Label Z Apparel Co., a sales/marketing & importing platform for a $600M Chinese manufacturer of high-volume apparel and industrial park owner/developer.
• Sales & Marketing Consultant & Direct Investor to AnewMed, Inc., a re-processor of single-use medical devices saving substantial money to healthcare systems and reducing hospital waste to landfills.
• Currently structuring investment, operations and sales/marketing platform for a manufacturer/servicer offering electrostatic, spray sterilization providing virtually 100% “kill” ratios with critical hospital, public transportation, and hospitality applications.
Development Specialist (Tax Increment Financing) 7/2009-02/2013
Invest Atlanta (Atlanta Development Authority), Atlanta, GA
Government Authority promoting Atlanta, the economic and social capital of the Southeastern US.
• Managed and implemented $500M Redevelopment Plans for 3 Tax Allocation Districts totaling 7,500 acres in Atlanta’s priority redevelopment corridors, shepherding developers and property owners through planning, development consultation, and financing through to closing.
• Enticed, educated & partnered with a national network of brokers and site-selectors to influence the world’s top decision makers to retain or locate their investments in Atlanta, alongside the 3rd most Fortune 500 HQs in the US; hosted c-suite events and presentations, and frequented tradeshows with heavy participation in industry groups such as the invitation-only/juried ULI, Center for Leadership Class of 2011.
• Utilized traditional prospecting and direct marketing strategies as well as formal presentations and speaking engagements to “sell” Atlanta’s priority redevelopment corridors to the region’s influential business owners, executives, & developers including over $75M in closings.
• Recruited and financed the brightest minds in start-ups & small businesses to start, grow and stay in Atlanta, providing consultation on grants, incubators and competitions, and federally subsidized loans.
Director of Operations and Development 12/2005-9/2008
Triton Real Estate Group (aff. of Grayson Properties, Inc.), Hilton Head Island, SC
Full-service real estate developer, manager and broker of high-end condominiums, residential subdivisions, multi-family, and hospitality. $100M/yr (2007) in principle investments & transactions.
• Continued swift sales and closings amidst extraordinary insurance and credit environments by collaborating with 3rd party investment firms to create customized loan loss reserve programs.
• Formed and managed 8 interrelated partnerships and JVs which redeveloped, owned and operated 2 hotel and condominium developments with gross sales exceeding $55M.
• Secured A&D loans, managing draws, credit lines, and cash flow, and presented financial/operating reports to banks, investors and other stakeholders.
• Assembled SEC compliant sales and marketing programs, PPOs, operating agreements, leases, CCRs, unit leaseback programs, and owner services and relations dept. with interactive website.
• Oversaw planning and construction: established project scope, budgets, and architecturals; maintained community/government relations and entitlement process; consistently and successfully assured budget and proforma compliance.
Acquisitions Manager 5/2005-12/2005 (promoted)
Grayson Properties, Inc., Atlanta, GA
• Sourced, analyzed and directed acquisitions, including debt and equity financing, of off-market, hotel and residential redevelopment opportunities totaling $22M.
• Developed site and market analysis, performed due diligence, developed proformas, and managed the predevelopment and entitlement process for residential neighborhoods, raw land, 3 student-housing projects totaling 504 units and two mixed-use communities totaling over 1200 acres.
Development Manager 10/2003-5/2005
RA Pain & Co., Atlanta, GA
Private brokerage and development firm focused on land assemblage and entitlement for large-scale, exurban and second-home neighborhoods, industrial projects, and mixed-use communities.
• Assembled, administered entitlement, and transacted via simultaneous close, a 126 acre mixed-use development including multi-family, banks, restaurants, and a grocery-anchored shopping center.
• Developed creative planning & sales solutions, coordinated 3rd party services, performed all due diligence, and transacted 600+ acres of land assemblage projects for mixed-use, multi-family and industrial sites.
Sales Associate 10/2001-10/2003
Coldwell Banker West Shell, Cincinnati, OH
700 agent residential brokerage firm; lead all Greater Cincinnati firms and Cendant Network nationally by volume.
• Aggressive prospecting and analytical methodologies resulted in sales approaching $10M including million dollar home listings; achieved Rookie of the Year status among nearly 100 new agents.
• Selected by the Mayor as an Ambassador of the City.
B.A. Architecture, Honors Hobart & William Smith Colleges, Geneva, NY 9/1997-6/2001
B.S. Geosciences, Honors
• Urban Architecture and Design Award - Denmark International School (DIS)
License Real Estate Agent: Ohio (Inactive); Georgia (Inactive)
CCIM, Certified Commercial Investment Member: Candidate
LEED-AP with knowledge of energy-efficient architecture, design and construction principles
Buckhead Council of Neighborhoods (BCN), Representative
Peachtree Hills Civic Association (PHCA), Board Member
Intra Fraternal Council (IFC), President
Member/participant: ULI, ARDA, AYREP, NACHO and ICSC
Exceptional communication, writing & social skills.
Highly adept at problem solving, managing relationships and advancing transactions.
Proficient in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS and CAD.